Announcement For All 8th Grade Students and Guardians:
High school selection notifications will be available as of Friday Jan 10 at 5pm. There are important steps you must take next by Friday January 17 or you may lose your spot – please click on the link below to get information to help you.
Winter is a Great Time to Read with your Kids!
One School, One Team: Making a Difference
Dear McMichael Families:
Welcome back! Or, if you are new to our McMichael family, welcome and thank you for choosing our amazing school for your child’s education. I hope you are enjoying a wonderful summer and are ready to start a new school year on September 3rd.
Last school year was filled with lots of fun learning experiences and student successes. Here are a few of our favorite memories:
- Middle Years partnership with the Philadelphia Zoo
- Consistent scores with PSSA in ELA and Math for the past 3 years
- Highest Teacher retention over the past 3 years
We are already gearing up for an incredible new school year. Our teachers have attended training sessions to better help all students learn and grow. Our front office team is updating student files and ordering new materials. Our hard-working custodians have spent the summer cleaning our school. And, our cafeteria workers are preparing to serve your children delicious, healthy and free breakfast and lunch each school day.
We’re also delighted to welcome a few new additions to our staff. After 3 years as your AP under Mr. Wallace, I am now the PROUD new principal of McMichael! This year we welcome our new Assistant Principal, Matthew Reid, a new office manager, Ms. Williams, a new counselor for grades 6-8 Kara Kolb and a new 1st-grade teacher Michelle McNeil/. Let’s welcome our new staff members into the McMichael family and make them feel welcome this year.
- Our K-3 classrooms have all undergone renovations to modernize the rooms.
- All students will continue to have access to 1-to-1 technology this year in their classrooms.
- We will host a monthly Farm Stand highlighting fresh fruit and vegetables for the McMichael Community